The Danish House in Palestine
Policy for Protection of Personal Data
22. July 2019
We process and handle personal information and must abide by the law and principals of practice in terms of appropriate technical and organizational measures to data protection. To adhere to this, we have enacted this policy for protection of personal data, which briefly explains how we process and handle your personal data in a legal and transparent way.
We solely process personal data for clear and objective purposes and interests, which are legitimate to the interest of the organization. We process and handle personal data, which is relevant and necessary to fulfill the mentioned purposes and we delete your information when they are no longer necessary – or when you ask us to do so.
1. We are responsible for the processing and handling of your personal data
The Association of the Friends of the Danish House (CVR: 31460638) are the data responsible. You are always welcome us.
Chair of the board
Lone Bildsø Lassen
1306 København K
+45 28 14 50 34.
Director of the Danish House in Palestine
Dar Ibrahim street 31
+ 970 (0) 594 224 400
2. Personal data we collect We process and handle the following data
Name, address, date of registration, phone number and e-mail.
Name, address, phone number and e-mail. Information on position of trusts and other assignments related to the association. Social security number, birthday and passport information.
Name, address, phone number and e-mail. Information for the use of the administration related to the stay of the volunteer, age, education, professional qualifications and interests. Information on clean criminal record regarding child protection. Information to bed used in the evaluation of the volunteer program.
Employees, interns and external consultants
Name, address, phone numbers and e-mail. Data regarding employment to be used by the administration, salary, education, professional qualifications, sick leave and social security number and passport information.
Guests in the guesthouse and relatives to employees, interns and volunteers
Name, address, phone number and e-mail.
3. From where do we collect data? In most cases, we get the data directly from you
The organizations purpose to process and handle your personal data We process and handle your personal data for a specific purpose or when we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis are the following
- We have a legitimate interest to process and handle your data
- It is necessary to handle and process your data to fulfill an agreement with you
- The law demands us to process and handle your data
- You have given your consent for us to process and handle your data.
The purpose to collect, process and handle your data is to administrate your membership with the association, amongst these are collection of membership fee, sending of newsletters and other news, invitation to events and meetings.
The purpose to collect, process and handle your data is to administrate your membership and secure the operation of the organization, this includes bank relations and fulfillment of authority obligations in Denmark and Palestine including visa application, public collection authorization and registration of the organization.
The purpose to collect, process and handle your data is to administrate your participation in the volunteer program, including your contact to your host organization, land lord and provide communication concerning your safety and other supportive measures during your stay. Furthermore, to fulfill Danish requirement concerning a clear criminal record when working with kids below the age of 15.
Employees, interns and external consultants
The purpose to collect, process and handle your data is to administrate your employment and provide communication concerning your safety and other supportive measures during your employment. Furthermore, for paid employees and in some cases volunteers, to secure the operation of the organization concerning banking matters and fulfilling obligations towards the authorities in Denmark and Palestine concerning exp. Visa applications, authorization for public collection and registration of the organization.
Relatives to employees, interns and external consultants
The purpose to collect, process and handle your data is to contact you as a relative to an employee, intern or volunteer in the case of serious illness, injury or similar.
Guest in the guesthouse
To handle your booking of the guesthouse.
Declaration of consent
When we process and handle your data, it can happen on different legal premises than your declaration of consent. Therefore, we only collect your declaration of consent when it is necessary to process and handle your data for the purposes mentioned above. If we collect your declaration of consent, it is your choice whether or not you wish to give it and at any given time, you can withdraw your consent by informing us.
Disclosure of your personal data
We do not disclose your personal data to third parties outside the organization without your declaration of consent.
Storage and deletion of your personal data
We have different procedural measures and storage period for your data depending on your status as a member, volunteer, employee, interns, relative or guest in the guesthouse.
- Data on a member and/or a board member is deleted at least six month after a membership is terminated
- Data on job application, volunteers, interns including relatives and guests in the guesthouse is deleted at least one months after the end stay
- Data on former employees including external consultants is deleted seven years after end of contract according to legislation of Palestine.
- Incorrect data is deleted or corrected
- We storage data in anonymized form in terms of statistic or alike, as long as they have historical value.
When we process and handle your data according to the General Data Protection Regulation legislation you are granted certain rights.
- You have the right to be informed that we process and handle your data – we are informing your about this in this policy for protection of personal data
- You have the right to access the data we process and handle about you
- You have the right to get incorrect data about you corrected
- You have the right to get data about you deleted
- You have the right to get your data transferred. This means that we need to deliver the data in a commonly used format.
You can enforce your rights, this include the right to object to our data operation. This is done by contacting. You can find our contact information at the top of the document.
If you contact us with an inquiry to get your data corrected or deleted, we will determine if the requirements are fulfilled and if so, will correct or delete your data as fast as possible. You can fill a complaint with the supervising authorities – Datatilsynet – regarding the processing and handling your personal data.
We maintain the right to change the policy for protection of personal data. When we change the policy for protection of personal data, we will change the date in the top of the document. If substantial changes are implemented you will receive a notification. The updated policy will also be available on our webpage.